Attendance at school
It is well recognised that good, consistent attendance at school is crucial to a child’s future prospects. Reducing absence from school is a priority at Hill Farm as well as at schools locally and nationally.
In September 2013, the Department for Education made changes to the guidance given to headteachers about the authorisation of holidays taken in term time. These changes mean that headteachers are no longer able to authorise any requests for leave of absence in term time unless it is in exceptional circumstances. These occasions are extremely rare.
If you believe you need to take your child out of school for exceptional circumstances, please request this absence using a ‘Request for Absence’ form which can be collected from the school office. In order to be considered, this form must be received by school no later than 10 working days before the absence is planned. The school will then make a decision as to whether the absence will be authorised or not and will inform you of this in writing. If the absence is not authorised and your child is going to be absent from school for more than 5 days, then you risk being issued with a penalty fine of £60 per parent.
If you have any questions relating to leave of absence or attendance in general, please contact the school.
TERM DATES 2018 – 2019
- AUTUMN TERM
- Monday 3rd September - Staff Training Day (School closed to children)
- Tuesday 4th September - Staff Training Day (School closed to children)
- Wednesday 5th September – Thursday 18th October
- Friday 19th October - Staff Training Day (School closed to children)
- Monday 29th October – Friday 21st December
- SPRING TERM
- Monday 7th January – Thursday 14th February
- Friday 15th February - Staff Training Day (School closed to children)
- Monday 25th February – Friday 12th April
- SUMMER TERM
- Monday 29th April – Friday 24th May
- Monday 6th May – Bank Holiday (School closed)
- Monday 3rd June – Friday 19th July
- Monday 22nd July - Staff Training Day (School closed to children)